WELCOME BACK TO THE EC BLOG!
Beat the heat with these cool summer drinks recipes.
We have chosen some refreshing alcoholic and nonalcoholic for you to mixuo your summer season: a classic blended margarita and a playful twist on classic lemonaid.
But first, here is your Idiomatic Expression of the week and your phrasal verbs.
Idiomatic Expression of the Week: To Beat Around the Bush
Definition: To speakevasively or misleadingly, or to stall or waste time.
Example: Stop beating the bush and answer my question.
Phrasal Verbs of The Week:
To Drink Up
Definition: To finish a drink.
Example: Drink up, please. It’s closing time.
To Peel Off
Definition: To remove the skin/rind/outer covering of fruit/vegetables.
Example: She peeled the skin off the apples for the fruit salad.
SUMMER DRINKS RECIPES
SPARKLING PEACH PUNCH
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 3 ounce package peach-flavored gelatin
- 1 29 ounce can peach slices in light syrup
- 4 11.3 ounce can peach nectar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 8 10 ounce bottle ginger ale or club soda
- In large saucepan combine water, sugar, and gelatine. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve.
- Place undrained peach slices un blender. Cover, blend until smooth. In extra-large bowl combine gelatine mixture, pureed peaches, peach nectar, and lemon juice. Divide peach mixture among four 1-quart containers. Cover and freeze overnight or until film. NOTE: Mixture can be frozen until slushy.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Ice cubes and Lemon slices
- In a 1-1/2-quart pitcher stir together the water, lemon juice and sugar until sugar us dissolved. If desired, chill in the refrigerator. Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon slices.
MINTED ICE TEA
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 tea bugs orange pekoe tea
- 8 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup lemon
- Ice cubes
- In large saucepan combine the 7 cups water and 2 cups sugar. Bring to boling, stirring to dissolve sugar