how to become a foreign language teacher in Spain

Today, we would like to dedicate this post to all teachers who are looking to become foreign language teacher in Spain.

Why choose Spain as a destination?

Spain is one of the largest countries in Europe in terms of population. This means that there are more opportunities to teach English.

Moreover, the fact that so many Europeans decide to spend their retirement in Spain is a sign that life in Spain is good, very good, in fact it is one of the countries with the best quality of life, not only because of its climate but also because of its culture.

In today’s article, we want to tell you what you will need if you decide to work as a teacher in Spain.

What do you need to work in Spain

If you are an EU citizen, you can work legally in Spain and you don’t have to worry about the visa you enter with.

Visa options for Americans to work legally are somewhat more limited:

In Spain there are two work permits depending on the work you will be doing, employed which is the EX03 model and self-employed EX07.

Another option is a student visa that allows you to work 20 hours per week.

In the case of Australians, Canadians, New Zealanders have a special agreement called “Work and holiday” that allows a stay of one year.

Why choose Englishcafe to work in Spain?

At Englishcafe we have been connecting teachers with students for more than ten years, we focus on one-to-one and group conversation classes.

With us, each teacher decides the timetable that suits them best, so that they can enjoy the city and their work time as they wish.

In addition, we do not set a price per class, each teacher decides how much they want to offer their classes for. We always advise you on the most competitive price, but you will always have the last word.

Our platform allows you to create groups of classes, organise your timetable and maximise your profits.

Have we convinced you?